You can never have enough cabinet space, especially in the kitchen. If your kitchen is lacking in the storage department, there are several things you can do to gain more space. Whether you’re ready to tackle a complete kitchen remodel or want to start small, try these tips to maximize your cabinet space.
- Choose cabinets that reach the ceiling. The taller the cabinet, the more storage space available. Make the most of your available space by installing the tallest cabinets possible. The tallest standard size cabinet is 42 inches. If you have extra tall ceilings, you can gain more space by adding another row of smaller cabinets on top.
- Install corner cabinets. Corner cabinets, which can be used as upper or lower cabinets, eliminate dead space in your kitchen. Customize them to meet your needs by choosing cabinets with wrap around shelving, lazy Susans, or glide-out organizers. Keep in mind that corner cabinets are deeper than normal ones, so take advantage of the space to store larger items.
- Consider moving doors or windows. For those planning a complete kitchen remodel, think outside of the box when it comes to where to install your cabinets. Sometimes moving a door or window a few feet can open up a new world of possibilities that could majorly increase your cabinet space.
- Make use of cabinet pull-outs. New cabinet designs allow you to make use of every inch of space available. Consider installing a pull-out spice rack, trash receptacle, or utensil bin. Pull-out shelves can also be utilized in traditional cabinets and are especially helpful to reach items stored in deep cabinets.
- Adjust your shelves. One of the most overlooked ways to add more storage space in your kitchen is to simply adjust your shelves. By doing so you can gain precious inches that allow you to store larger items.
- Use dividers in your cabinets. Dividers not only keep your cabinets and drawers organized, but they can also make more room for storage. Magazine rack style dividers allow for more vertical storage to house your baking sheets, cutting boards, and food storage containers.
Myrtle Beach Cabinets has a huge selection of cabinets to use in your kitchen remodel. What’s even better, we have the fastest lead times in the area so you can get your cabinets in as little as two and a half weeks! To see what we have to offer, call us at (843) 273-6413 or contact us online.